Mid-America Overseas has it’s roots in ocean freight. We have been a licensed Ocean Transportation Intermediate and NVOCC since our beginnings in 1976. Today we offer FCL, LCL and special services around the globe.
MAO maintains high volume shipping contracts with all Tier 1 ocean carriers covering all major trade lanes. This gives us the flexibility to offer multiple sailings between port pairs with a range of transit time, routing and pricing options, all without the usual carrier volume commitments on our customer’s part.
For our LCL customers, we provide weekly consolidation services to and from all major US ports through our NVOCC service, Hanseatic Container Line. Our vendor assembly program allows our customers to build their own consolidation container, using multiple LCL shipments to achieve cost effective FCL pricing.
Ocean Freight Services Include:
- Door-to-Door Intermodal Services
- NVOCC Services via Hanseatic Container Line
- Service Contracts with Major Carriers
- Complete Documentation and Banking Services
- Marine Insurance Coverage
- Turnkey Services for Large-Scale Projects
- Dangerous Goods Transportation
- Temperature Controlled Services for Pharmaceuticals and Perishables
- Project Logistics
- Oversize and Out of Gauge Cargo
- Crating, Packaging and Inspection
- Vessel Charter
- Shipment Tracking and Purchase Order Management